FALAFEL STUFFED CAPSICUMS - Guest Post by @sydneyveganguide
FALAFEL STUFFED CAPSICUMS
Perfect comfort food for cooler nights. This recipe is simple, yummy and hearty. Feel free to use different capsicums, but for this one I went with red ones.
This recipe is vegan, gluten free and low in carbs. Enjoy them as a side dish or double up for a main dish. If you use this as a main dish, it should serve approximately 3-4 people.
What you’ll need:
3 red capsicums, halved and seeds removed
½ red onion
2 kale stalks (leaves)
1 tin of crushed tomatoes
1 box of Syndian Super Green Falafels
1 Syndian tzatziki
Handful of coriander
2 stems of spring onion
1tsp of sumac
1tsp of cumin
1tsp of chilli flakes
1 tbsp of olive oil
Salt and pepper (to taste)
1.Preheat the oven to 190 degrees.
2.Place the capsicums on a lined baking tray and cook for 20 minutes
3. Meanwhile, dice onion, zucchini and tomatoes. Then heat a pan and add oil, herbs and vegetables. Cook for 3 minutes then add tin of tomatoes.
4. Cut falafels in half and then add it and kale the remaining vegetables and cook on a low heat for additional 2 minutes (See tips and tricks for a crunchier alternative).
5. After capsicums are done, remove and stuff them with the ingredients and bake them for another 20 minutes.
6. Serve them with topped with chopped spring onion, coriander and big dollops of Syndian tzatziki. I like to add a side salad because I am all about that hot and cold combo.
Tips and tricks:
- You could add some brown rice or quinoa if you wanted to bulk it up.
- If you want the falafels crunchier in the recipe, slightly bake them before adding to the mixture.
- Adding seeds or nuts would help add in some textures as well.
Hope you enjoy! Make sure to tag us on our socials so we can see your recreations.